Thursday, October 26, 2006

Baba nam kevalam

Dear Sumant,

Ah.. This music is awesome. I happened to stumble upon the website of "Anand Marg". Its one of those neo Hindu movements which aim to seek the resurgence of meditation movement so deeply embedded in Hindu group of philosophy". I use the word Hindu group to hammer the point that Hinduism is not a religion, its a philosophy of living. Where everyone is free to explore to seek out the truth. It was always like that before Islamist came to India and started to call these group of people as under one umbrella religion. And to these free thinking people's dismay the whole world now thinks them as follower of a religion. This has lead to ritual things among these free thinking people and they have forgotten that they were free thinkers who produced all time greatest philosophers like Buddha, Jain, Nanak among others who keep reminding that seek the truth. But I do believe that movements like Hare Krishna, Anand Marg are in some way helping these people to rediscover their free thinking again and get out of the shackles of the ritualistic religion that they were following. Ultimately every one should have a will and opportunity to explore and follow what uplifts and spiritually enhances their brief stay on earth.
Right now this "Baba nam kevalam" music is being played on my six speaker set connected to my lap top and I must say its pretty wonderful music. I am experiencing the kind of joy when I first heard one of my favorite "Om mani padme hum" music at Keylong in himachal pradesh. Simply awesome music :). If this has stirred the curiosity in you, I encourage you to visit the site of Anand Marg and click on the section kirtan. I think this is the very first song there.

Best regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter