Friday, October 13, 2006

Mohd. Yunus ! Congratulations for Nobel Peace Prize

Dear Sumant,

I am extremely happy for Dr. Mohd. Yunus for having won this years Nobel Peace Prize. He is the kind of person I deeply respect because he is able to positively effect the life of so many people around the world. I have so far tried unsucessfully to let my papa follow his example and open a micro credit facility in his native place. I am proud of the work he is doing and sincerely believe that bringing micro credit facility would have an expediting effect on the growth of the place. Mohd. Yunus is one guy who didn't wait for the govt. to help, he knew what he wanted to do and how he could do it. I first got introduced to his work way back in 90s, I think it was an article in Time Magazine. Since then I fervently believe that implementing his model could successfully ameliorate the condition of millions of poor. Its a rock solid concept and can be easily set up anywhere. Hopefully the Nobel Prize recognition will encourage my father to take a leaf from his work and start a micro credit facility there.

Best regards
Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter