Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bourbon Knights Makanda Fest




Dear Sumant,

Yesterday was a busy day. One of the better known band in Carbondale was playing at Vulture Fest in Makanda. The first time I got introduced to them when in summer I was hanging in Hangar 9 pub. I liked the music, its a blue grass band and has plenty of energy to keep you absorbed. Since then I have been a fan of that band. A word about Makanda. Its a pretty small town and yes its pretty. Its like a valley with a downtown consisting of a handful of shops and a railroad cuts right through the middle of it. The village holds it annual vulture fest event in month of October and is famous for the handicraft items. Look at some of these pictures and you will get an idea about it. I also met Joe and Ray there who were hanging around with Jane there and I got invited to a poker night at Jane's place.

Best regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter