Friday, October 13, 2006

Eventful week and Nishit's return to India

Dear Sumant,

Its Friday evening and I am in a pretty good mood because of the news of Dr. Yunus Mohd. having won the Noble Peace Prize for this Grameen Bank. You can read my last entry where I expounded on why I am such a big fan of him. This week was productive and its also the week when Nishit finally left Carbondale. In the past few months Nishit I had become good friends. We share similar view on Vegetarianism and were striving to have a better and healthy diet. He introduced me to "Fit for life" book which made be radically think about my diet and that was sometime in February. Since than my diet has taken a 180 degree turn. I am eating far more fruits and vegetables and have controlled my intake of chocolate and soda. I am loving it.
In my math front its getting exciting. We got introduced to generating functions. I am beginning to use more of "GAP" software in my abstract algebra. Dr. Parker is an excellent teacher and its absolute fun taking class with him. On the linear algebra front we finished the introduction to determinant and now have started the Diagonalization problem. I found several good links for both Linear Algebra and Abstract algebra. Which aid in learning these concepts. Today I will play badminton and plan on working on Linear Algebra stuff.

That's for today
Smiles
Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter