Saturday, April 12, 2008

Avalokitesvara mantra, Sirshasana ..

It's 11:40 am and Saturday morning, in the background “Choo ker mere man ko “ song is playing while I am updating this blog. Yesterday I went out with Akina to Chinese Buffet and two days before I went with her to Golden Corrall. That means I am eating out a lot these days but I make sure that I balance that out with Grape Fruit juice. I have controlled my soda intake a whole lot now. I don't order Soda while I am at the restaurants.

In 449 we Dr. Porter taught Polya's Method of coloring. It's really neat and it gives insight into Burside's Lemma. I loved the problem where we had to prove that there are only 30 different possibilities of numbering a dice. Similarly for coloring the stick problem and necklace problems. I have enjoyed this class so much. We are now learning about Hypercube and one of the computer project is to verify the number of Hamiltonian paths in the Hypercube (Q3 and Q4). A Hypercube Qn is an n regular graph which has 2^n vertex i.e each vertex has n edges.

In 501 we did Fatou's lemma. I think now I am much clearer about limsup and liminf definitions after using Wikipedia. If I have to explain what I understand by Fatou's lemma is we take the limit outside the integral. We also proved the three main theorems in integration, Fatou's lemma, Monotone convergence theorem and dominating convergence theorem when we prove it on meaure.

My article on “Youtube and Siuc” is almost ready. I have to trim it down by another 200 words before I send it. I am doing Yoga everyday and now I can do Headstand or “Sirshasana” with the help of wall as support. I have made a new notebook for Dream log. I am looking forward to incorporating this in to my changing lifestyle which now includes minimum Internet, no television, yoga, getting up early in the morning, avoiding reading newspaper and only occasional reading of news headlines only, more reading of books on varied topics, lots of fruits, Namyo ho rin ge kyo chant. I finally found the mantras of Avalokitesvara on Youtube. It's from 'Tibetan Incantation” album. I had owned that cassette when I was in India and I loved this song so much but was unable to find it all those years. It's one of the best music I think that has ever been produced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter