Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Atonement, No Reservation, Merudandasana

Yesterday was the first day I since my life style change of doing yoga and writing blog everyday, so it was imperative that I should get back to my schedule today. Today I learned one more asana called uditha merudandasana also called as side raise in Richard Hittleman’s book. Yoga keeps surprising me. After now doing for now over 20 days I thought I have become flexible and then you learned a new asana to discover that you haven’t exercised those muscles in eons. I have become much better now at posture clasp (‘Gomukhasana’) and so I know that I am gaining flexibility. I can do a better leg over too. I also tried the first step of back push up (“Kamdharasana”) but couldn’t summon enough courage to raise myself fully. I also realized that initially my position of hands was reversed compared to the book.

I am glad that yesterday I was able to go to bed at 21 hrs finally. Even though I spend more than 11 hrs sleeping it was a right step in my personal integrity account to go to bed early and I am very keen to do this life style change. I have been reading about Simple functions and Indicator function. The concept mirrors step function and we need Indicator function to give a definition for Simple function. The indicator function assumes value 1 where ever the domain of the function is defined.

In the past few days I saw two movies both given to me by my good friend Mei. It was the 3rd DVD that Mei gave me. I saw “Atonement” and “No Reservation”. The Atonement is about a precocious young girl who loves to write and one day sees a couple from her bedroom and interprets something entirely different from the real situation. Her misinterpretation causes great suffering to that couple and in the end we realized that she changed the ending to make it happy so as to atone for her mistake. Atonement is very well shot and I am sure it will be nice to watch it on big screen. The other movie “No Reservation“ was a predictable romantic comedy about a successful, bossy, territorial, temperamental spinster cook who one day finds herself in a situation that left her to care for a young bereaved girl and you can guess from here how this little girl will change her banal life and help her open to life. The movie uses the show of her anger and even the little girl’s tantrum to inject humor in the film however hey both never recover from this and which might give the impression that such behavior is acceptable and I totally feel against that. It’s a romantic comedy and is peppered with some very foot tapping and hum able songs and I very much enjoyed those. Other than that I enjoyed going over the mountain episode of Planet Earth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat R said...

Atonement was a pretty good flick; it looked and felt a lot like Pride and Prejudice… come to think of it, both movies have the same director, leading lady, both are based on books and both take place in England

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter