Saturday, March 22, 2008

March21 blog

Dear Sumant,

It’s March 21, 2008, 21:07 hrs. My goal is to go to bed early. Today I used alarm to get up at 6 in the morning. So that means I am getting back to my goal of early riser. I think I am very serious about early rising.

In school today, Dr. Porter went over more examples from Chapter 4 and the techniques he showed are pretty powerful especially the Transition Lemma. He also showed another way to do derangements, so I am pretty pumped up to learn this stuff. In analysis we went over two more propositions. One is the basic proof of homogeneity and Dr. Salah only listed the other proposition about measurable function which proves upper and lower bound in terms of simple function. In my math business calculus class that I am teaching, I went over the 2nd Exam. I covered almost all the problems on blackboard and tried to help them learn from their mistake. The homework for them is to do the whole paper at home once again! And this will count 2 quiz grades. I am of the firm philosophy that in teaching we should keep our students encouraged and interested in the subject by letting them know their gaps in understanding, making sure they always have a hope to do well in the class and ultimately mastering the concepts. I like the saying “Knowing how things work is the noblest joy”.

I cooked Rajmah Chawal today, my all time favorite food to cook. I tried Nestle wonka sweet tart squeeze and I am sure I won’t be trying any other of its flavor. It’s too artificial, too sweet. I have yet to do Yoga for today. So I might just do few asanas which help me go to bed. These include shoulder stand, bow and padmasana.

I was reading the 380 tips to make life simple and some of the ones I liked are “Keeping a torch, blanket and a pillow in trunk of one’s car”. “If you haven’t finished a book that is lying around than change it and get a new book” this could be a little difficult sometime, because right now I think I owe some 70 plus books from different libraries and there are few books I have owned for a little long time but I have finished many such books which have been with me for a while unread. You know that how much I appreciate the library system here in US. I have been blessed to read so many great books and which have further motivated me to read more.

That’s for now
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter