Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Update

Well I haven't updated my blog in a while but I made sure that I was doing Yoga everyday and more or less I have incorporated getting up early in my life style too. I got myself registered for Vipassana and that means I will be going to Rockford, Illinois for a 10 day course. I am very excited about this. On the reading front I got Bhagavad Gita translation by Eknath Easwaran. It by far seems the most accessible translation. I was impressed by the preface and decided to search it on internet to found more about Eknath. He was the founder of blue mountain meditation center and was a professor of English at Nagpur University before he moved to Berkley. He also started the eight point meditation which seems interesting. I am convinced for now several years that we have to be very cautious about the mental diet and eight point meditation seems to reiterate that. Which means that I will be reading more about Eknath in future. He has penned over 27 books a contemporary of Gandhiji. I am sure each of these books will be a delight to read.

On Analysis front I will be taking a serious look at limsup and liminf definition. Go over montone convergence theorem, fatou’s lemma and dominated convergence theorem. On yoga front I am could finally do shirshasana using wall as a support. My flexibility is improving and that is a great joy.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter