Friday, March 21, 2008

All in a day

Dear Sumant,

Well its another evening and I am sitting on my couch to update this blog. Today I couldn't get up early in the morning . In fact I got up at 11 am, so my resolution for tomorrow onwards is going to get up early at 4am. I did go over some Combinatorics problem as part of revision and I make a promise to go over analysis very seriously from now onwards. It's one class which can help me learn so much more about other math class that I need to put more focus.

I went to Charles's party today with Akina. As usual Charle's and Amber were awesome hosts. It was good food and good company. There were Zeb, Krista, Eric, Sarah and the couple I know their name but it's escaping now, Liz and two more people. Liz recounted that sin(x)/(x) = six joke and I was glad it refreshed my memory. I read that joke in one of Paul Nahin's book. In terms of fruits I am drinking right now freshly squeezed Juice of 2 Grape Fruits. I also had 2 green apple. I talked to my Mom for more than an hour on phone. I am glad that she thinks the way I do or perhaps I think the way she does. We talked about Yoga and she does it everyday and she gave me tips on Brahmini she learned from Mausiji who seems to know a lot more and is avid practitioner these days. To do Brahmini one close their ears with the thumb and eyes with the remaining fingers and as you exhale out you say the word Ohm. It seems pretty easy and I tried it before I wrote this line and seems very refreshing. I also read more of “The Story of Science” today. As I wrote before it’s a fascinating book with lots of history, pictures and exciting stories. I read about Michelson and Chandrashekhara Raman. Michelson's parents moved from Poland to United States during gold rush time and moved to Nevada during silver rush. Michelson was a gifted student who was among the first people to have taken Transcontinental train to go to Washington DC and plead his case for the scholarship and how he become the first American to win the Noble Prize. The story of Chadrashekhara Raman is equally fascinating. How this brilliant student of Math and Physics got into Cambridge and his encounter with Eddington, a brilliant physicist. How Eddington in spite of his brilliance and his shining research couldn't appreciate Chandra's contribution which ultimately coasted science 40 yrs. When chandra went back to his seminal research and wrote one of the classic paper in physics. The moral of the story is to be humble. Chandra one the noble prize in physics for one of his earlier work.

That's fr now

Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter