Monday, March 03, 2008

Library System

Dear Sumant,

Its already March 3 but I want to make sure that my blog about March 2 is there as the part of that day's page. I spent today more than 12 hrs at Roy's house. I know it was way too much but I stayed there because he knows 501 and usually give me insights that for some one new to Measure Theory is not obvious. Roy is a brillant guy and a very down to earth too. I also met Abhijeet and Inderjeet also. They came to his house for dinner. As pointed in my earlier blog that I have an assignment due on March 3 for 501. I made sure that I did my hath yoga practice for day 4th in the row. I am getting more flexible because I could now do the Simple Twist "Ardha Matseyndrasana" now which wasn't possible the 2nd day. I also could do the full lotus too. I am really enjoying these yoga lessons and look that like fruit diet, I can incorporate this into my daily lifestyle. As I am writing this blog, I just flipped the book "The Tree of Yoga" by B.K.S Iyengar. I read the forward and seems very interesting. I am not really sleepy but its almost quarter to 2 and I better be taking some rest. Before I sign off, I must tell you that another book by Julia Cameron about writing is now available to me from Morris Library. I have tremendously benefited from the library system here. It's really neat, I have access to almost any book I can think of and I usually get it in less than a week. I remember in my naivety I once thought that library system should be replaced by making all books available electronically. I know this is going to happen already Kindle is one step in that direction, but visiting library, browsing books is another joy that I don't think so people would like to replace with the virtual convenience. The joy of going to an isle you seldom go and discover a book that you might not read at first glance but still go ahead and read it and wonder why you didn't go there before makes the trip to going library irreplaceable. Thank you Mr. Carnegie for popularizing this concept of library. It's a blessing.

Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter