Sunday, March 02, 2008

Giving up on reading News and feeling great !

Dear Sumant,

Today I didn’t go out so this blog when posted might have a different date. I am sitting on my couch after having dinner. I just ate dal, chawal tarkari. The tarkari was an assortment of fried vegetables. I did yoga today, may be almost 3 times. I am enjoying the way this book has structured yoga. It’s a series of asanas that you have to do with very clear instructions and revealing pictures. I also plugged back my piano today. It had been lying by my dinner table for quite sometime. I practiced fur elise today, right now I only know the part of this song (the first page and few more lines from 2nd page on Casio’s piano book song) but I was glad that I could play it again after having not practiced for more than 2 and half months. I added few more words to my vocabulary including Phalanx, Revelry, Recusant, Refractory, Factious and Restive. 0n 501 front I have a homework due on Monday. I been reading the functional limits and continuity for example we know that if a sequence converges to a pt then we can find arbitrary number of points close to it similarly we say a function is continuous at a point if the limit of functional values converge to that point. In class we proved an example of a set which is not lebesgue measurable. It took more than 1 day to finish with that example. One great news that Dr. Salah has won the Blackwell prize this year. I consider myself really fortunate to have this opportunity to take a course with him. I also took time today to read part of Julia Cameron’s book “Walking in this world”. It’s very engaging and readable. I am reading it slowly because it makes you think as you read along. I was reflecting on myself. There was a time when I used to call myself a news junkie and loved that title. I used to read most major news websites and was very proud of that fact. I think it was last year in june when gave up this habit and I must admit that I am really glad that I took this step. I have now more time to have my own opinion rather than being shaped by the opinion of those newscaster most of the time spewing bad news. I must admit that I was becoming biased towards people. So I was very glad that my predictions for recent elections fell flat which means I am getting out of the influence of current politics. I do check headlines sometime but I am trying to avoid all political or bad news. I prefer business or Slashdot type of news if I feel like reading. That’s for now its already 22:40 another page of blog done 


Best Regards
Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter