Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Morning Page Revisited

Dear Sumant,

Well as promised I am back to a new edition of my morning pages, this time sitting in the very first row next to the computer which has scanner attached to it. I just talked to Rachel from the Vine. I didn't get to wake up real early this morning as I went to bed a little late somewhere around 1 am after calling my mom and dad separately. Yesterday I got a card for my sister's upcoming birthday on 3rd of March. I will goad her again to read "The 7 Habbits of highly effective people". The book on yoga by littleman looks great. It is straight to doing Hath yoga (physical yoga). The book by Iyengar I believe also talks about Raj Yoga. Before going to sleep yesterday I did go over Perfect Set. A Perfect set is one which is closed and has no isolated points. One famous example of Perfect set is Cantor Set. The other property of Cantor set is that its "No Where Dense". A no where dense set's definition had two double negatives. The definition is "A set is no where dense if the closure of the set has no nonempty open interval". I must admit that I still haven't got the hang of this definition.
Since morning I was trying to get hold of the generating function theory. We are currently doing composition of exponential generating function and one of the classic problem is "Given n people how many ways they can be partitioned and made to sit around a circluar table" and amazing thing is the answer to this is n! (n factorial). A slight extension to this same problem is now each of these table could be served either red of white wine and the answer to that is (n+1) ! (n+1 factorial) which is devoid of 2^n (which one might expect as one has two choice for each table. Well that brings to an end of my morning page. See you next time.

Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter