Monday, February 18, 2008

My Changing Taste In Music

Dear Sumant,
It 13 hrs and I am updating this blog from the morris library. I had a math 501 homework due today. My blackboard account is finally set up so I look forward to posting assignments using blackboard for my Math 140 class. Over the weekend I went over two books "Road to Perdition" a manga style american comic and an Audio book "Profound Effects of Music on Life". The second book was an eye opener in one sense because after hearing that I have stopped listening to popular radio in car. Basically it says that a most of the popular music first builds up the tension and unlike classical music of Beethoven doesn't release it. It had some statistics of how that effects the IQ of mouse. There were pieces of music from "Smashing Pumpkin" and some other bands that were used in the study and had profound effect on the functioning of mices. On the opposite rich and complicated classical pieces had a nourashing effect on the brain, so that means time to get the CD of Mozart, Bach and Beethoven :)

That's for now
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter