Thursday, March 06, 2008

Elmer Agudelo Rodriguez



Dear Sumant,

It's 23:52 by my clock radio placed diagonally across the room over the rack. I just finished the day 6 asanas of Hittlewood. I started around 23:09 so that means I spent almost 40 minutes doing yoga, which is to me kind of amazing. When you are doing yoga you are concentrating on the pulls of muscles and your breathe. The time just simply flies. You hold on to a particular pose usually for 10 to 15 second and then move to another pose. Sometimes relaxing for a minute. So one cannot do Yoga in a hurry. There is a peaceful relaxing feeling that lingers on after a session of yoga and in that euphoric mood I am updating this blog. My morning began with finishing off few problems of 501 and then I went to school on foot as my car was all iced and I couldn't manage to open the door even though I was able to unlock it.

Letti had arranged a dental checkup for me. By the time I reached there it was already 8:30 and she greeted me with a welcoming smile. I filled and signed four different forms and was accosted by her to the dental room. Apparently my gums aren't in great shape. I was looked by her supervisor and then by two other doctors. Her supervisor told me that now I am Letti's project and I will have to come for few more appointments and it may include some xrays before the cleaning. I am very grateful to Letti for getting me this appointment which costs $15 an amount peanuts if you go for dental hygiene anywhere. In total I was there for an hr being examined by her and her entourage. My next appointment is a week after the spring break.

I today gave my Math 140 class their 2nd midterm exam. I haven't graded it yet because I promised them that they all will get 10 extra minutes to finish it on Friday and in between they can ask me or work on the problems. While proctoring the test I read several chapters of “Right to Write” and I must say it has lot of motivation for anybody to start writing daily as now I am doing. Thanks Ms. Cameron I am glad that I found your book. On my 501 front, I am making more progress in understanding which is a good thing. Dr. Porter today started a new chapter on graph theory, we will be doing some interesting stuff on Hypergraphs.






For tomorrow, which has already begun, I will be in my office early morning by 10 am, so any of my student turns up could use my help. I really want them to succeed and hopefully they will make use of this opportunity. I have to return several book to Carbondale Library. By the time I will get up our good friend Elmer Agudelo will have left carbondale. He is going back to Columbia on Thursday. He is one fine gentleman and he bonded well with all people. Yesterday for his farewell several of us went to Thai taste for dinner. We will definitely miss him. However I am sanguine that I will see him sometime again in future.

That's for now

Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter