Sunday, February 10, 2008

Super Marios World Record plus Vietnamese Food

Dear Sumant,

Like most of teenagers I was hooked to Mario Brothers when I was in grade 7th. My friend Vikram had the console and we started spending hours after hours honeying our skill. I just saw a video of guy Andrew Gardikis, who now has the world record for the fastest time to finish the whole game. The Video is available on You Tube and you watch the whole game (ofcourse skipping levels) in stunned silence of 5 minute and 9 seconds and the current record while writing this mail is 5:08 seconds. I am sure if you have played that you cannot refrain from marveling the skills of this genius and it does give you an uneasy feeling of how somebody did that. You see it and yet its so damn hard to really believe it. Its just that fascinating.
Today I spent time with Sang Shin going over problems on Tensors. We still have 2 more problems to finish by tomorrow. Akina took me to Vietnamese New Year Celebration and they had some of the best food I had. I have discovered Vietnamese food only recently. The first time I think I ever had was in St. Louis a month ago and then I had it in Portland. They had one salad I think which was made of carrots and radish in shapes of serrated french fries. Which was super delicious. I am using Audacity these days and so far have been able to digitize few of the cassettes I have owned.

That's for now
Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter