Friday, February 08, 2008

Ping Pong Tournament, Measure Theory and Generating Functions

Dear Sumant,

Well as pointed out in my last blog that I need to write more. Yesterday I was reading some wiki book whose print out I took last year. It was on Lucid Dreaming. I have yet to seriously take up Lucid Dreaming. The basic step is to keep a dream journal which helps you in recollecting more of your dreams. Today I played Ping-Pong tournament. I topped my group and it was amusing because I got two bye and all the best players were crammed in the other group. My friend Mei who is real good player was in that. I think he did a good job inspite of having to play against all best players. I may go tomorrow to see what is in store for me since they are playing the remaining matches tomorrow. But we had a good time. We played doubles also and lost but then it was a lost in finals. However only two teams competed.
Other than that, I handed over the first mid term to my 140 Class and I am satisfied with the grades. I believe all these students have a good chance of getting a good grade in my class and no body will get an F. I also talked to my mom on Google talk for almost 1 hr and I feel great whenever I talk to her. She is a wonderful person. Now its a weekend I am ready to go home. Do some combinatorics problems and read some Measure Theory. I am taking Math 449 with my favorite professor Dr. Porter. His teaching style is very friendly and I do try to imitate when I am teaching myself. His main goal is to convey the information in a way that sinks in. He has insight into how students are thinking and can explain the problems in a way that make so much sense. It's a real blessing to have him as a professor here and I am excited to be doing my thesis under him.

Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter