Friday, February 09, 2007

Portico and Portcochere

Dear Sumant,

The temperature around here now is in negatives for now past two weeks. That means I cannot ride bicycle, I either have to use bus or drive my car. Today I took a bus which went around and around the Carbondale area. I recently learned the word Portico and Portcochere. While "Portico" means the extended entrance with columns. The "Portochere" is like a covered drive through where people get down to enter into the building. It was funny to observe that so many houses here have Portico and there were some with Portcochere too.

Things are moving fast in my math classes. In measure theory I need to put more effort. Its a beautiful class and I am sure I will be a much better mathematician after this semester and that what gets my adrenalin rushing. I haven't been playing badminton for so long and I am thinking of going there tonight.

That's for now this Friday morning
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter