Sunday, January 28, 2007

Posthaste

Posthaste:

I came across this word at the reader's digest word power and I didn't know the meaning. But now I know so I decided to post the meaning posthaste. Did you get the meaning ? Well posthaste means immediately. Some of the sentence I could find are
"Get the flood warning to the media posthasteā€
"send to me posthaste"

However posthaste is an oxymoron and this is captured by this beautiful mail I came across and I reproduce that verbatim

Richard Mateosian
"The term "post" pertains to the mail system, and most people's opinion ofits speed is revealed by the popularity of the term "snail mail." Thus,posthaste becomes a one-word oxymoron in the same sense that militaryintelligence is an oxymoron. It's a joke. ...RM"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter