Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Classes this semester

Dear Sumant,

I am excited for this particular semester as this is one last one and also because my favorite teachers are teaching their subjects. I have a lot of homework to catch up today. Today I did spend a little time on doing my linear algebra work. I am glad that we spend time on proving the basic theorems from the appendix on Field and Vector Space. I am beginning to like the Friedberg book too. I have got the probability book too and Dr. Budzban has assigned some problems too. We discussed Sigma algebra and some introductory Measure Concepts. In Dr. Porter's class we went over some nice way of using Binomial theorem for box and ball problems where we use the formula nCr(n+"number of plus signs" -1, r-1). Dr. Parker is awesome and I think his choice of book is indeed good. Unlike Galian's book which was too verbose this gives a proof in a manner which cuts the crap and makes it lot easy to follow. May be its Dr. Parker's teaching, I am impressed.

That's for now
Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter