Sunday, August 06, 2006

Picnic for myself

Dear Sumant,

You will love this post. Today in the morning around 6 O'clock I had an idea of treating myself to a small picnic all for myself. So I gathered a book "Concepts of modern mathematics" by stewart, my trusted mp3 player along with a long discarded logitech headset whose microphone connector had to be amputated after it died down, 3 granny smith apples, a bed sheet, a towel, a bottle of propel lemon and my shiny orange sleeping bag. I decided the lake murphysboro will be a nice place to do this since I been there before and loved the scenic beauty around. I guess I was there in 15 minutes and there was only one truck parked but I could see several people at distance enjoying the angling. The whole lake had thousands of discreet tubes of white clouds all over it. I never had been to this part of Murphysboro lake eventhough the last time I came here I was lost when going back and in the process visited many parts which I otherwise wouldn't have. I spend 5-10 minutes there, even walking all the way to the opposite side of parking where there was a plank deep in water for people who intend to fish. On the other side of the lake there was a bench at the bank nestled in the woods and I decided to go there. So I hopped in my car to go to that place but again I got lost but somehow made it to the very same place I visited before. Its the same place we had gathered for the hash meet. I went closed to the bank and about 20 feet I laid down my bedsheet and bring my other stuff to enjoy the pleasant morning only interrupted by the sound of an occasional motor boat passing by. However within 20 minutes the sun was shining brilliantly over my little picnic and it was hot. I tried to ignore it but it wasn't easy. I was directly in line of sun there were no more trees to hide it from its ray and if I stayed there I would be cooked raw in another hr. So I decided to find a shadier place and the park bench seemed to be the perfect one so I moved all my stuff there and put on a guided meditation. I must have gone over that particular one for at least 3 times and it had calmed me. I hadn't slept the whole night so it was beginning to take toll on me by 9:30 I felt I need to go back home to be ready for the Vineyard. I packed every stuff and headed home and this time there was no problem all the landmarks I had committed to memory showed up and I was at International grocery around 9:45, the white flyer on the shop shouted back that it will open in another 15 minutes but I had run out of patience I needed a sleep badly and so I was back to my place after an eventful picnic that I am sure gave me many moments to remember. In the evening I saw 2 movies including Anaconda 2 and another on something spider. Right now its 11:09 so I better head downstairs and look what's going on ?

Best regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter