Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wine trail, Blue Sky, Owl Creek

Dear Sumant,

Its 22 hrs and I am ready to update this blog. Today I went out with Mary and Gary to two different Vineyards. First we went to Owl Creek and then we went to Bluesky. At owlcreek I bought Ruby Red wine, which is a kind of very sweet tasting wine. At Bluesky after trying several ones I settled for Riesling, again a sweet wine. Mary also ordered bread with olive oil as a side dish which was good. By 16:30 we were all starving so we drove to a Mexican Restaurant in Anna. I don’t remember the exact name but everybody calls it Dorra’s after the sweet rotund lady who owns it. It was good afternoon spend with great friends. I got two DVDs from Mary one is “The Darjeeling Limited” and the other is “The Graduate”. I just finished watching “The Darjeeling Limited”. It stars Adrian Broody, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman and Amara Karan. The amusing thing is it has nothing to do with Darjeeling in fact you never even going to see one shot from there. Most of the shooting seems to have taken place in Rajasthan. The film is marketed as – “Three American brothers who have not spoken to each other in a year set off on a train voyage across India with a plan to find themselves and bond with each other to become brothers again like they used to be. Their “Spiritual Quest.” However veers rapidly off-course and they eventually find themselves stranded alone in the middle of the desert with eleven suitcases, a printer and a laminating machine at this moment. A new unplanned journey begins and their friendship“. Well I don’t know what message exactly the director had in mind while making this movie. So I took time to look at the extra features on the DVD but other than making of the movie, it had none about the movie.

I did more yoga today and I was pleasantly surprised that I could do two more advanced asanas without any difficulty including “Sarvangasana” also called Shoulder Stand and “Halasana” also called Plough. I am enjoying Yoga more and more. I reason is there is not much preparation you have to do like for other exercises like warming up and cooling down. Yoga can be done anytime. Doesn’t require lots of space and its pretty much full body workout whereas in other you usually work on a particular part of your body till you are exhausted and its like something you must do to keep fit. Whereas in Yoga the movements are gentle and its relaxing. So if I am beginning to sound like a Yoga Fanatic then I am glad about this transition.

I didn’t sleep much yesterday because I want to get back to schedule of getting up early in the morning so I remained awake till early morning today. I did revise 449 stuff and went over the generating function models. The easiest way to distinguish between the two models when there is a product of generating function involved over [n] is to see whether it is an interval or subset. If its interval you probably will use ordinary generating function. Otherwise Exponential generating function model. Miklos Bona’s book is very well written and I am so glad that Dr. Porter is using it.

That’s for now time for bed

Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter