Sunday, June 03, 2007

Songs and Memory

Dear Sumant,

I wrote a blog yesterday and lost it. It was actually about the effect of music on our mood. I recently copied lots of songs from my laptop to my Linux machine. The reason was to free some space on my laptop which is bursting at its seems. There was this song from movie Andhi and it took me back to the memory lane when I wasn't even going to school. I vividly remember that at 6 O clock in the morning when my dad would turn on the radio and it will continue till 10:30 and during that time it keeps churning out songs and this song is now considered to be pretty old. I also remember the digital clock my Dad build and the day he got the printed circuit board and me and my sister would plug those LEDs into the board making sure the longer leg goes to the correct hole as the positioning was important. This clock is still at our home working flawlessly.

Its amazing that as you move from one song to another it brings some very specific memories to your mind for example I just changed to Kylie Minogue's "Can't get you out of my mind" and I got transported into the restaurant in Noida where Nabarun had given a party and I heard this song attentively for the first time though it was on the air for quite sometime. Later I went on to buy this cassette and would play on my way to work.

There are some songs which you cannot get bored of listening. Some of my favorite artists are Robert Miles, Meat Loaf, Madonna. I have owned only one album of Robert Miles and that is "Bat out of hell" and it still remains one of my all time favorite though I don't know if I have enjoyed any more heavy metal songs other than this. Robert Miles is one whose techno music I loved and again his music has energy and some divine melody. Though I think I have inclination more instrumental music than vocals but there are timeless songs where vocal have strong emotional value. Tomorrow I plan to go and see Meramec cave. I thought my last trip to Mammoth cave has whetted my appetite for Cave Exploring.

That's for now
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter