Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ferne Cliff State Park at Goreville

Dear Sumant,

This last Sunday I had the opportunity to go to Ferne Cliff state park in Goreville. It's on I-51 and I would rate it as the best kept secret in southern Illinois. I was invited by Tom to hike at this place. He been there many times since he was a child. We did 4 different trails and none of them were more than a mile long. The steepest I would say is "Boy Scout Trail" and the more spectacular are "Hawk's trail" and the very first one I don't remember. The park has a beautiful lake for fishing. It was a gift to State of Illinois by a woman who owned for a long time.. There are designated places to rap and rock climbing. Overall I would rate Ferne Cliff as the second best state park in Southern Illinois after Giant City State Park.

Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter