Monday, May 21, 2007

Mammoth Cave







On May 19,07 I visited Mammoth Cave with Akina and her mom. This was one of the best trip I took in recent time. It was also the first time when I explored an underground cave and what a way to begin with the world's longest and largest network of cages. Mammoth cave is only 4 and half hrs from Carbondale, IL. They have some of the best informed park guides. We took two guided trails, the historical trail costing $12 and the frozen Niagara costing $10. I loves the historical tour as its a 2 hr tour with well lit portion of the cave and it goes through some of the biggest sections of the cave.

On the trip we literally pig out at two restaurant. One was O'Charlie and the other one was Outback. Increasingly American restaurants cater to vegetarians like me with side dishes like steamed brocolli, bake, mesh and sweet potatoes, onion rings, blooming onions, baked beans etc. Outback had one of the best sweet potato I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter