Thursday, December 21, 2006

Moving to Southern Hills

Dear Sumant,

After having lived in Ambassador Hall for around 2 and half years I am now planning to shift to Southern Hills with Udita. I am actually pretty excited to move in with him. He is a kind of person who is always excited about learning new things and especially Mathematics and languages. Today I moved two of my bags to that apartment. I am glad I was able to visit Barnes and Nobles today and finished two more books. I finished "Squeeze the day". Its a little book that I been reading at walmart book store and today I finished it cover to cover. However this is a kind of book on which you meditate and so mere reading is not enough. The other one I read was "Do It! Let's Get Off Our But's (The Life 101 Series)"
Some of the Quotations I loved from the book are
"The man who tried his best and failed is superior to the man who never tried"

"There are two things to aim in life first to get what you want and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of the mankind acheives the 2nd".

"Come to the edge he said"
" They said we are afraid of it"
"Come to the edge he said"
They came
He pushed them and they flew.

"It is not the having it is the getting"

"He who is not busy being born is busy dying"

"When the student is ready the teacher appears so"

"Do or do not. There is no try"

"Success is simpl a matter of luck. Ask any failure"

"FEAR is false expectation appearing real"

Some of the words I learned were
1. Antediluvian (antiquated, extremely old)
Young people today regard black and white television as an antediluvian form of technology. Aunt lil a "dil luvin" lady reads tales of antediluvian times.
Mona then said to her mother "your ideas are so antediluvian". Today all the girls are getting tattoos.

2. Abstemious

3. Heresy (Opinion contrary to the popular belief)
This had a cartoon associated with it depicting a bald man in a village "Hair-a-sea"
In the little village of Hair-a-sea it's heresy not to have hair"

4. Acquiesce
He finally acquiesced ti purchase the aqua s pool.


5. Surreptitious (secret, furtive)

6. Stolid (dull, impassive)

7. Torpor

8. Artisan

9. Rhetorical

10. Conviction (strongly held belief)

It is my conviction said the warden that every convict should shun gun.


11. Artifact (Object made by human beings)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter