Sunday, April 23, 2006

Big mountains

I love Himalayas and have the good fortune of traveling in Himalayas. Its a feeling which has no parallel. While you travel you are constantly reminded of the Nature's grandeur. One of the two places which I would like to go back and visit are a small town named Sarahan and another small town Recongpeo in Himachal Pradesh. Ideally I would like to have a 3 or 4 month long vacation and spend time in Himalayas doing trekking and enjoying the spectacular scenery. The Himalayas, The Karakoram range and The Kunlun Range contains most of the tallest mountains. So its not very surprising that all of the top 56 mountains are shared between these three giant mountain ranges. Click here to see the list. I just learnt about Kunlun Range and naturally I am fascinated by this mountain range and could be included in the Silk route travel I have in mind. There is one great site of Piero scaruffi do check it, its pretty interesting. He has traveled to more than 95 countries, done lots of work in computer science, poetry, philosophy. Ofcourse he is a mathematician !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter