Monday, April 17, 2006

A promise not yet fulfilled

In 2001 I visited Nainital in India. As any tourist I was busy capturing as many moments humanly possible. There was this guy Kamal who gave me the sail boat tour, his son was also on the boat and naturally I took some snaps of him. Kamal insisted that I write his address and should send him his son's picture. Later back in New Delhi I had the pictures but almost forgot to send him though not quite even though the address was always in my wallet. Mind you I changed several wallets but each time his address also made his way in to the new wallet. I even once lost my wallet in Singapore but as luck would have it I did find it later at the lost and recover office. About six months ago I emptied out much of the junk from my wallet into my drawer, today while searching for the pencil leads I first discovered the half of the address and later the other half. I am ecstasic because a week before I was thinking about it. So to make it permanent I am posting this address on my blog so that someday when I go back to Nainital I meet Kamal and his son and surprise him by the long held promise which I still haven't forgotten. Here is the address
Kamal
Balrampur Outhouse
Post Office Mallital
Nainital
Pincode 26301

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter