Saturday, April 01, 2006

Reading Wiki and CIA

I have owned stamp of Cyprus since I was 12 yrs old. I still remember that red stamp now pasted in my "Rita Stamp Book". I bought for myself in Kamla Nagar. Out of curiosity today I searched for Mediterranean on wiki and Cyprus caught my attention. I now know that Mediterranean sea is almost land locked among Africa and Europe and Asia. The good part was knowing about Cyprus. A small island country that is rapidly growing. I now want to visit Cyprus and take a Mediterranean Cruise !! The southern Cyprus is faster growing compared to Northern Cyprus which is controlled by Turkey and its recognized as a separate country by Turkish people. The merging of two parts is being pursued but still hasn't happened and I think it won't be easy because of Muslim people's way to differentiate themselves from non Muslim people.
On my last trip to California I met Kamina Singh an Indian girl settled in New York whose family had migrated to Guyana in South America. She was one heck of a girl who took the Trans Continental Train Journey just for the experience of this wonderful ride and had plan to go back to New York the very same night we were supposed to reach California. So today I also searched for Guyana and found out that its French Guyana and is part of France. The thing which astounded me was the number of child borne per women to be 3.1 ! Guyana is pretty famous of the Korou launch site. The EU launches its space shuttles from this wonderful country. I definitely will visit Guyana sometime.
Today also on CNN present I watched a documentary on Mary Magdalene. It was interesting and anyone who has read the Vinci Code will find it interesting. It explored how Mary Magdalene came to be known as woman associated with world's oldest profession (Sorry for verbosity) when now there are evidences and speculations that she might be a ordinary woman and may be the church is hiding something. Whatever be it, I think the Churches have reformed in many ways for the better and today you can find some of the most gentle and compassionate people from church groups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter