Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pictures my dad took





 One thing  have learned from my Dad is to take lots of pictures. I was just going through one of his albums f rom his last trip to Chapra and other places before he died. He had taken over 800 pictures. He would take multiple pictures of any person and it doesn't matter who he or she was. He had his magic of making them amenable to pose for him. You make an unspoken credit to one's emotional bank when you take their picture provided they are willing. It is such a simple gesture and now with digital camera there is no need to be stingy about it. My dad knew this very well but he started taking pictures way back in 60s and never looked back. Photography was not a cheap hobby back then but still it didn't put a kibosh on his hobby and he never shied from taking many pictures. To him taking pictures and giving a hard copy to its delighted owner was like nurturing his own soul.  He was very passionate about pictures so much so that he learned how to develop those at his own house. We had those red bulb in our house needed to develop those pictures. When I look back I can only feel proud about being his son. An amazing man who put smiles on so many faces. When I visited his village in February 2011. There were so many people with moistened eyes who genuinely miss his camaraderie. Salut you Dad you are an inspiration to me to live a purposeful life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter