Thursday, August 09, 2012

2nd day in Bogota

I was awake early morning. Yes, way early around 3am. May be it was jet lag. So I spent time doing things to make the best use of my time. I was told by Jimmie that he will pick me up at 7:05 in the morning. So I was out and met the other two colleagues and neighbour. Natasha and Amy. Natasha is from Scotland and Amy from London. In the bus I met the remaining expant teachers including Deidre, Suzanne, Colm, Lucas and Gina.Everyone was aware of my flight detail and so it was good icebreaker. At school I met lots of other people. Colombian's are very warm and welcoming people. I met Sarah our school head teacher. Shaun, who was the first to interview me. Yanneth and many others. This was the first day when all the teachers came back after the vacation. One reason I choose TES over other schools is the commitment Sarah and Shaun have shown in turning around the school and it was very evident from the presentation. I was really impressed by the way they are committed to make it the very best school in Colombia. They have managed to get the resources and trying their best to back it up. Its indeed impressive. It reminded me of my days in ST when everybody was so driven.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter