Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Palatine trip update





Its around 6:03 here in Palatine. I reached here around 16:48 using my Navigon 2100 car navigator. Traveling to new destination with these devices is now very exciting as you know that no matter if you take either an unintentional or intentional wrong turn the navigator will reroute to get you to your destination. It happened thrice yesterday on my way from Peoria to Palatine. I took a wrong turn near Bloomington so I had to go 2 miles in opposite direction and I made use of that opportunity by getting my gas tank filled and realizing that my old national card was missing. I will be canceling it today. So the navigator re-routed me through the Bloomington town which I think was a road running parallel to I-55. Later I took a wrong exit about 50 miles from Palatine when I had to take a U turn and then several miles (about 9) through the suburbs where the speed limit was never more than 30 miles and stop light every few block but again with gps showing the path there was never an anxious moment. The last wrong turn I took was near lake wood and again I could find a way to be on track. So what's the purpose of telling you all this. Haha.. get a navigator, it's one of the best investment while you on the road. I knew pretty much at what time I will be arriving here at Palatine even before I started at Peoria because I wanted to see Vishesh's soccer game plus his Jazz band performance at his school. His soccer match had to be annulled because of the sever weather. The concert at school was phenomenal. Considering all the performances were from grade 7 and grade 8 students. The later part of evening was spend talking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter