Thursday, November 23, 2006

Garden of the Gods trip



Dear Sumant,

Today after the thanksgiving dinner at Newman Center Akina and I decided to visit Barnes and Noble but it was closed. So at the spur of moment decision we decided to visit Garden of the Gods. Its funny that I have been here in southern illinois for around 3 and half years and still didn't goto Garden of the Gods. The closest I been was Harrisburg when I took Ishan last time. So I knew the way till Harrisburg. I have tried to find the map for it several times on internet and even on the website of the Garden of the Gods with no success. Just as you are about to leave Harrisburg there is a CVS pharmacy. We decided to check in to find out the route of Garden of the Gods from there. The store clerk drew an out of scale map to us and all we did was follow it up. Here is the map and I think if you want to reach Garden of Gods from the CVS pharmacy its the best map . I have done some annotation on the map she drew to give you a little more idea about the route we were on. It was good to have Akina as she had been there before and was little familiar with the route. She showed me the camel rock and all other different rock formations. While returning back we went to the new and bigger walmart at Marion spending time evaluating ear mufflers, to passing judgement on shot guns. We played two games of air hockey there and ate potato wedges. We were back at 19:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter