Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A busy day

Dear Sumant,

Yesterday was a fine day. I shot my first video of myself playing piano, the song I chose was "Ode to Joy". Its fun to watch yourself playing and it was a good experience. I used my logitech webcam to shot it. The over one minute video was about 7.6 mb in size. Yesterday also I got all the stuff my sister sent me. It was 6 big boxes. So I now have a wireless router, a printer cum scanner, a new comforter, a new sleeping bag besides loads of other things which I still need to find out. My one room apartment has hardly any space left. I will have to replan how to stash all the things. I have always been a person who kept minimum things so its easy to move at a short notice but now I have so much stuff that I dare move to another place.

There is some good news for Aspen and Breanna there was a minor fault of the shifter cable and it was inexpensive (about $35). So I think it will altogether cost them around $150 which is way less than the worse case estimate of $500, so I am pretty happy for them. Breanna and I went around noon to the Tom's place and he gave us the cable so we can buy from any auto shop. At Autoparts we got the cable. I especially liked the attitude of the salesperson when he offered to find the comparative rates of the competitors on phone. I am glad we got the cheapest deal almost $10 less than the competitors car ran out of gas and fortunately for us the shell gas station was across the road. But after pouring gas the battery died and had to be jump started by borrowing the battery pack from the shop. I really feel sympathy for her, she works hard for all the money and has to be really frugal about how she spends her money on the gas and her other requirements. I am beginning to admire her for all her dedication and her willingness to help others. She wants someday to help North Korean people and I staunchly believe in that cause. May her tribe increases. I have seen her seeking out prayer for herself in the church and wonder behind her cheerful self if she is experiencing any pain ? Because its important to rejuvenate ourselves and the easiest way is to do meditation but I am afraid to talk about that because she is pretty religious and the way this church goes it doesn't fit within its ideology and though it provides solace in terms of prayers I think it stresses more on our outward behavior than our inner spiritual growth!

Nishit today got 2 movies of my choice, the first one was "Terminal" staring the quintessential Tom Hanks and its a fabulous movie about a man struck in an airport in New York for 9 months. Just watch it otherwise I am afraid I will give out too many details. The other movie was "It's a mad mad world", I saw this movie after a gap of some 17 or 18 yrs and had pretty much forgotten except for that "W" sign and some other scenes. We had a hearty laugh while watching this movie. A must watch movie.
That's for now,
you be yourself :)
Br,
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter