Friday, June 16, 2006

First week of summer school



This summer I am taking Partial Differential Equation class and today was the fifth day for the class. We are using Jeffery M Cooper's book on Partial Differential Equation with Matlab. I am looking forward to get comfortable with Matlab. My interest in Partial Differential equation was whetted after taking Dr. Kammler's wonderful course on Fourier Analysis. In this course we are going to take a rigorous look at the solution of the general partial differential equation paying attention to the uniqueness and existence of solution rather than just cranking the solution. The first homework is already been assigned and its due in a week. On other front my piano is getting better I am now able to play some trivial songs with both hands and I am loving it! Its one facet of skill one begins to appreciate only after acquiring it that how our hands respond without us making a conscious effort to redirect our attention to play it. Something like typing as I type I know I am not thinking of the individual letters and yet I am able to type at a reasonably good speed and perhaps this was one of the other motivation besides Dr. Kammler's class that I can learn Piano since I can type. I am looking forward to revise most of the stuff this week it will include Abstract Algebra, Fourier Analysis and Multivariable Calculus.

I finally took time to rent Forrest Gump and saw it from beginning to end. In the past I had watched pieces of it. I loved the movie and since I am getting piano literate I had a whole lot of appreciation for the title score and tried to play it on my own and to me it sounds good though I am pretty sure many of you won' t agree !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter