Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Morning exercise, KIG installed




Today I got up at 5 am in the morning and I decided to go out and breathe some fresh air. I have been able to dramatically change a lot of my eating and sleeping habit in past two months. It feels great to incorporate more and more fruits in my diet and knowing that I am eating them right. Yes by right I mean early in the morning with empty stomach and later in the evening (3 hr aftre dinner). I am now having dinner at 18 hrs or before.

Installation of new software using YUM is so easy. Just for the fun I typed in "yum install kig" and behold I had the latest version of kig on my Linux machine. Some of you might be knowing that I tried unsuccessfully to install KIG using the rpm. Yum did a clean install plus host of other edutainment softwares from KDE education software. I have now a KDE hangman, a function plotter, a constellation viewer, a vocab builder, a periodic table plus other softwares.

I loved KIG and have to admit that its the best Geometer Software at present. Simply because it has all the features of other softwares plus conic section, differential geometry, Tangents to conics, Osculating Circle, inversion, test functions (like in Cabri Geometry), it even promises to read the KSEG document, though I couldn't get my *.sec files loaded and all menu driven. I tried the internal reflection problem using KIG and did it in no time. Look at the pictures they were exported as jpg files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter