Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Good day today

Today has been good. I collected my quiz and previous homeworks from Dr. James Phegley. It was the first time I went to his office (ok, I was there once before to turn in homework just after the class). But it was the first time I really talked to him and he is really nice person to talk to. I was surprised that he remembered my name and quickly shuffled through the pile of papers to get my homework and quizzes. I haven't been able to make to his class early morning and so was afraid that he might be thinking that I am taking his class too lightly. So the good thing is he recognizes me and know my grades and said I won't have problem if I continue to do well in forthcoming quizzes.
Then I went to check out with other Professor Dr. Yucas regarding my performance in Abstract Algebra. Well I love this class and making progress but its not reflecting in the test and I know the reason also. I am taking more time on proving the theorems rigorously to my satisfaction than just cramming up the result and move ahead. I guess I am doing this because I plan to take a second course in Abstract algebra and after knowing that quote "We prove not to prove it but to understand it". So a better foundation is needed and taking 452 alongside makes you realize that how much a proof reveals about the theorem.
Yesterday I was finally able to understand the proof of "Division algorithm" from the wikipedia attachment and it makes so much sense.
Today also Dr. Budzban postponed the take home final to next Friday and I am so glad that now I will have a breather to prepare for the test on Monday, attend the party at Mary's place on Saturday and pick up more theorems in Math 452 and 319 this weekend. Before I sign off, wish you all a happy Veterans day, enjoy the looong weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter