Friday, October 28, 2005

"Sarkar" and "Naina " Review
















Done watching two more Hindi Movies. Sarkar I watched few days back is a movie of a Godfather and Amitabh Bachhan is Godfather. So that should tell you the rest of the story. Eventhough there were no music videos to skip to and the length of the movie was under 2 hrs I still had a hard time watching the whole movie. Naina is another movie in the new generation of songless movie. Is doesn't have those 10 ft tall, rubber mask wearing, reclusive losers trying to eye the lissome lass. It has shades of movie Karz. But then again, horror movies are not my cup of tea. Funny thing is in spite of movie being shot in England there are hardly British characters, most of them Indians except for the nurse. Our characters in the movie still speak with the heavy accent when they are supposed to be born and brought up there. I know you will say I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't know why I am even writing that. I guess its just because that movie was an ordeal to go through. After writing these two reviews I am wondering how much discerning I have become, LOL ! There was a time (around 4th grade), I used to wonder why people even get bored of watching any type of movie. Except for those Doordarshan's award winning movies. Shot in village, people crying and being bullied by some pot bellied goon and ending abruplty making you wonder what was the message of the movie. Well no more ! Happy Halloween to all of you !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter