Thursday, June 02, 2005

Napolean Dynamite, Phantom of Opera, Star Wars III

Well holidays are a time when I watch lots of movies and these holidays have been fun. Since my last update I have watched some more movies. These also include Napolean Dynamite and The Phantom of Opera. Two more hindi movies Jurm and Kuch kuch hota hai.

Its better if I don't write about Jurm as I don't want to spew any invectives. Kuch Kuch hota hai is one of the biggest hits in Hindi movie. No doubt the songs are quite hummable. The cinematography is excellent and you have some breathtaking locales in scotland.The story line is a little different, acting by everyone is great but the screenplay is where the movie irritates and stupid and its a rude awakenning to our cinema when I recently watched some of the best movies like "The road home", "The king of masks" and "Not a one less" and that leaves no doubt in mind why main stream bollywood movies don't even get nominated to be shown in big film festivals.

Jennifer got these two movies "Napolean Dynamite" and "The phantom of opera". I finished both of these today. Napolean Dynamite is indeed very funny. It is not one continious movie rather it is number of anecdotes sewn together. It is about this nerdy guy who is kind of misfit in his class and his mexican friend Pedro. The Phantom of Opera is a visual delight. The music is awesome. It is one of those things that you have heard about so often and if you don't know you feel kind of strange. Here is a link where you can get more information about the Phantom of Opera. http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/The%20Phantom%20of%20the%20Opera
I also watched Star Wars III and its spectacular. Even though I haven't watched the other star wars picking up the story was not difficult. So I am now planning to watch all the episodes.
The other DVD I have watched is "Why Mosquito Buzz in People's Ear". Its a funny collection of 3 stories. The other two stories include "The Village ofRound and Square houses" and "The Story of Story". All three are delightful.
The other movie I am half way through is "Walking life". Its animation and its pretty serious movie. Its about a guy who is dreaming and in his dreams he is meeting all kinds of people and listenning to thier vibes. I would say it is more of spritual nature and touches on many aspects of life, the way we think. I would have more to say about this fantastic movie when I am finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter