Wednesday, May 18, 2005

King of Masks

I just finished watching "King of Masks" in the library. What a movie it was !! The story is about a street performer who has a family skill of changing the masks in snap. The old guy doesn't have any heir as his only son had died. He buys a girl mistaking him to be a boy. He treats her well and the girl is happy with the old man until he discover that she is a girl. The story is about their beautiful relationship. Its very nice and heartwarming. Loved every bit of it.

Yesterday I saw "Hyperspace" a BBC documentary on the past, present and future of human life. I liked especially the coming technology of space travel involving solar planes. Also it had a description of worm holes. The discussion on black holes was fascinating and coming to know that they are so numerous and present in our galaxy was kind of I wasn't expecting. Then the DVD extra feature on how they shoot the film in Newzealand and post production was also good.

I also saw "Lewis and Clark" video. That was good too. Their epic journey. The first time I came to know about thier journey was when I went to Addler planetarium in Chicago. Thier's is one of the fascinating modern journey of discovery. I also came to know about Thomas Jefferson's interest, The Lousiana purchase, the mosquito problem they had, Sacagochoia and the little bum. Their route along missisipi and the hospitality of Indians, that Lewis used to work for Jefferson and Clark was a fast friend of Lewis and it was Lewis who invited him for this journey. Now I am looking forward to go on the same trail that "Lewis an Clark" took.

I also watched "Beauty and the beast" movie and I had a feeling of deja vu that I have seen it already but that evaporated after 1 hrs. Though I still haven't finished it. I will borrow some other time. Meanwhile Dr. Philip Fiensilver is helping me understand more stuff in Analysis class and I am excited to use Maple to get a better understanding of the subject. Got a mail from Maplesoft that version 10 is released. It looks good but I belive I will have to do with my version 9.5 for some more time ahead.

I have two more movies to go and they are winner of some Cannes or other festival so I am sure it will be some more fun ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter