Sunday, March 06, 2005

Holding a vintage book

An hour ago I had in my hands a book published and binded in 1888. My curosity began when I saw the book in a strange custom fit box lying on the table next to which I was studying. My initial guess was that it to be some expensive reference manual. The book was published by some Putnam publisher. After reading that it was published in 1888, torrent of thoughts engulfed my mind. Who was the author ? How he must have been dressed up ? Who was the person who printed it ? Did he ever think that it will be held by someone in year 2005 ? I was amused and happy at the same time. A strange feeling. A feeling of sense of achievement. A really good feeling :)

Other than that got more insight into Analysis. Each time I read its like learning something new and I wonder when I can summarize all that I learn in a single sheet of paper and yet it takes so long to understand the subtle points. Perhaps this is what we call discovering. Feeling now a bit drowsy and thats a telltale sign that I should move now and retire to sleep.

Adios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter