Thursday, March 03, 2005

My dad sent me this pic of mine when I was around 5 yrs old. I like this pic with my Grandpa. Who was a person of intense curosity. He loved to travel and had travelled all over India and neighboring countries. He had businesses too and probably never cared much about that. He believed in enjoying life and learning. He enjoyed reading and it was always fun to go back to his place and read the wonderful stories book in the library (his son and my mom had created for the children). I still vividly remember when I first read Robinson Crusoe lying on the big wooden desk in the patio. He was magnanimous and loved to help people in need. The village school was one of the other beneficiary of his philanthropy. I believe his stories had a strong influence on me. I remember talking to him in the early year 1991 when he visited us in Delhi and we were seriously considering installing solar panels to light the home in his village. He had asthama and he told me about the magic cure he had in early 1960s after a serious bout with Asthama. A strict Vegetarian he lived for 76 years of age. His elder brother who was also a strict vegetarian lived for 87 yrs. Our summer holidays were mostly spend at his house and then at my other grandpa's house. That was one of the strong early childhood experience I still treasure. Looking closely the village life without electricity, spending time reading books and discussing with elders. Sweet times. Ah sorry for getting nostalgic. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter