Saturday, March 07, 2009

First day of Spring Break

I am here sitting in the Carbondale Library. I came here to check out the new book ThinkerToys by Michael Michalko. The book has excellent reviews and that piqued my curiosity.
Overall the break started yesterday and I am glad that I could wake up early in the morning around 5 am. Then after a half hr session of Vipassana I studied for a while and later went for a walk around the neighborhood. Its amazing that you discover so much when you slow down. I have ridden my bicycle around that neighborhood so many times and yet when you are walking you discover way many things. I discovered there is a railway line which has now been paved over. The lumber processing factory. The various houses. In fact there are two houses which have exactly the same kind of front porch.
Later I watched several travel shows on PBS. The theme for the day seems to be Canada. Its amazing country and I thoroughly enjoyed the two episodes of "Travelscope" and the "Seasoned Traveller".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter