Monday, February 23, 2009

Toastmasters at Cape

Last Saturday I along with Karen and Amy went to the Toastmasters meeting in Cape Girardeau. The meeting was held at Good Shepherd Church. It was great to see the other toastmasters Dori, Lary and Dan whom I have met at other occasions. Dan is a 3 times DTM and has more than 7 competent communicator awards which speaks of his dedication to Toastmaster. Its great to meet people who think alike and have passion for toastmasters. I got my first CC button there and when I came back home there was a packet for me containing my certificate and two new booklets. I have now assumed the role of 2nd officer besides being the club secretary, I am now also the vice president of public relations. I got trained for this role this time. Its exciting that now I can flex more muscles in recruiting new people to our toastmasters club. Later in the evening we all went to Lambert's for the dinner. Yes the famous Lambert's the house of the throwing buns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter