Friday, February 27, 2009

Rock Garden India

Its Friday and I have to make sure that I use this weekend well. Yesterday while taking a break at the browsing section of library I discovered this book on Nek Chand. Obviously I was more than curious to find about the content. It was a delight. I didn't know that Nek Chand Saini had done so much. The beautiful mosaics and hundreds of statues made out of thrown away tiles, crockery, cement, and steel are enchanting and now it has grown to be among one of the most visited place in India after Taj Mahal. The story of Nek Chand's humble origin and his quest to work on his dream is equally inspirational. If all that makes you curious check out this web page.This link is though not going to last forever. You can also check the wikipedia page and this link too for some more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter