Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Toastmaster meeting today






Just a quick update for today. We had a wonderful Toastmasters meeting today. Jason did his ice breaker speech and for the 2nd week in the row I donned the hat of speech evaluator. His speech was about his passion for sports and music and I would rate it as a very good style of delivery. Table topics was done by Kelly who has shown the ingenuity in doing it different everytime. Today she brought a picture book and we were supposed to frame a story about it citing what we were doing that on thanks giving break, Joe was the Toastmaster and Kyriakos was the grammarian. He was the grammarian for the first time and did an excellent job by bringing the word of the day on A4 sheet of paper. The word of the day was Providence and it was used many times by our fellow toastmasters.
Our dog made a providential recovery.
To enter the place requires providential intervention.
Providential influence.
Joe used "commune with nature".
The next week's theme is Happy Endings.
Julie and Kyriakos are on the rooster for speech.
I will be the Toastmaster next week.

Kyriakos suggested one fine website called Ted.com It seems to have a very nice collection of video lectures. Thank you so much Kyriakos for bringing this to my attention. Kelli got me the Mormon's Bible and I am excited about it,probably I will finish it over christmas break. Anita is visiting Joe and she got me Dates !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter