Thursday, March 15, 2007

Little grand canyon, Metropolis, Whaler's Catch and Spider man

Dear Sumant,

Yesterday I went to Metropolis the home of Superman. Its a small town on the way to Paduccah. I went there with Ehlmer, Mohan ji, Navendu and Roy. The main attraction there is a Superman Statue which is some 16 feet high. Funny there is a taller statue of "Big Joe" at the local super market. The other thing is a museum of superman. Which sells and displays a lot of superman memorabilia. There is one Fort Massac which looks pretty small from outside. In fact the toilet besides the fort looks bigger. However that shouldn't despair you from visiting this magnificent wooden fort. Which is 2 storey high and even has a moat. The tall wooden gate may remind you of King Kong movie. After that we went to whaler's catch restaurant in downtown paduccah. They don't have an explicit vegetarian menu except for the appetizer called vegetable medley. Me and Navendu settled for it along with baked potato, fried okra and warm bread. I been to that restaurant before on Sarah's birthday. Then we spend time at the banks of river Ohio watching the ships and people. No trip to paduccah is complete without savouring the ice cream from the ice cream factory. I went for the coffee and one another scoop.
Today I went on a 3 mile hike with Mary to Little grand canyon. Its pretty close to Carbondale and goes through some of the most beautiful landscapes in southern Illinois. I didn't take my camera but believe me these were some of the magnificent landscape one can see. Its one of the best hike I did in a long time.


That's for now
Best Regards
Sumant Sumant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter