Monday, August 15, 2005

Linux Installed, Sound card configured

Few day back I installed Red Hat Linux on one Dell Optiplex Gx1 computer given to me by my sister. After installing everything I needed, there was still problem with the sound. I opened the computer and found that the sound card in my computer was on board. So a quick search on internet about Dell Optiplex Gx1 gave the description of sound card as cs4236 and a hardware check option in Linux gave the same hardware for audio. So the only problem I had was to configure it. Another search on linux cs4236 got me this website http://www.topology.org/Linux/sound.html and I followed the instruction ( which is " modprobe cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9 synthirq=5 synthio=0x388 " and now its playing awesome. I am now looking forward to install some matlab clone and hook it to DSL connection.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shesencrypted said...

Good old Sumant does it again, thanks for the link in your article! PS my blog is now a website.. check it out at http://onlineundergradmath.com/

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter