Thursday, May 05, 2005

Iatrogenic

Iatrogenic This is a nice word it appeared on my Readers digest's quiz. It means doctor induced illness !! The google got me to the website of iatrogenic association of America and they explained this pretty well. Here is the facsimile from thier web site. Iatros means physician in Greek, and -genic, meaning induced by, is derived from the International Scientific Vocabulary. Combined, of course, they become iatrogenic, meaning physician-induced. Iatrogenic disease is obviously, then, disease which is caused by a physician.
The second word I learned is Rendition. Which means interpretation for example "brilliant rendition of Lady Macbeth's sleepwalking scene"

Today I also went to Alongi in DuQuoin, Its an Italian resturant. I also got initiated into TauBetaPi formally with the famous keep secret pledge :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter