Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy Chinese New Year

 Happy New Year folks. I have always been fascinated by Chinese culture, cuisine, people, chinese movies, panda and dragon stories. I think my curosity began in my early childhood when I went to a book fair I believe somewhere in early 1980s when my sister bought three wonderful story books. I still remember those books they were "Seven sisters", "Magic Knife" and "Teen Ghamandi Billiyan"  (3 proud cats) a hindi translation for me. Since I could understand much english. My parents persisted on me and I can remember when i was in grade 3rd I read "Vasilisa the beautiful" which my elder sister had borrowed from her friend. I was proud that after reading that book I understood some part and told that to my sister and she endorsed that I correctly understood.  So for quite some time "Teen Ghamadi Billiyan" was one of my favorite book. Then one day I could read the other two books "The seven sister" and "Magic Knife" and I was now in love with Chinese stories. 
  Inspite of China being a neighbour country there wasn't much tourism between the two countries.  However these days as the business is on the boom between these two countries India and China have come much closer. There is a direct flight to Beijing and so I am sanguine the next time I visit India I could first visit China and then take a flight to New Delhi. Great Wall of China is the very first place in my list. Other is bashang national park. Then there is this wonderful place called Gualin with its curvy hills that always enchant me. Tibet and Mansarovar yatra and how can I forget the silk route. So friends keep looking at this place when I take my journey of this beautiful country. Once again a very happy Chinese new year to all of you !!
 
再见

2 Comments:

Blogger Anupam Dixit said...

Oh i was searchin text for teen ghamandi billiyan. that was my favorite too in my childhood. it was a whole fantasy worl for both of us me and my brother.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Anupam Dixit said...

Oh i was searchin text for teen ghamandi billiyan. that was my favorite too in my childhood. it was a whole fantasy worl for both of us me and my brother.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter