Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Till now on 26th January

Its 11:39 and I am in Library doing just waiting for my fourier analysis class. Today I learned more about Pythagoras proof. Dr. Kocik now has introduced to us 3 more proofs of Pythagoras theorem. There is one president of United states who also came up with the proof. Check this website http://www.cut-the-knot.org/pythagoras/index.shtml. It has some 44 proofs. The name of the US president is J.A. Garfield and he discovered this in 1876. His proof is based on Trapezoid. I still have to work on it.
In fourier analysis class we have discussed the history and the different ways of looking at Analysis and Synthesis equations. Complex number needs more effort on my part. Overall till now its smooth sailing. Advanced calculus with Dr. Hughes is going ok. We have covered much of the linear algebra and going to embark on the fascinating side of the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter